The light emitting diode technology was introduced in 1962, it was mainly used as a presence's indicator and the light emission was weak. Since that time, the constant research and development produced dramatic improvements in terms of luminous efficiency, spectrum emission, intensity, lifetime, cost and reliability.
LED lighting technology strengths can be summarized as follows:
- At the same luminous flux, LED consumes 10 times less energy compared to incandescent and halogen lamps.
- Low heat emission. Only a small part of the energy produced is dissipated in the form of heat unlike incandescent lamps and fluorescent lamps. Less heat emission cuts the air conditioning cost, with a further saving of energy.
- Security: compared to traditional lamps, working at 220-240V, LEDs is safer, because powered at low voltage, avoiding electric shock.
- Long life span: from 20,000 hours up to 100,000 hours of life span, LEDs greatly exceed the 750 hours of incandescent lamps and the 2000 hours of halogen lamps.
- Cold Starting: unlike fluorescent lamps, LEDs have ignition time equal to zero.
- No ultraviolet component: the total absence of UV and IR emission on LED lighting fixtures, do not alter colors and they do not attract insects, so it is the ideal lighting source to illuminate all those items subject to degradation, such as works of art , decorated products, clothing and food.
Our solutions are suitable for all applications. Thanks to our complete catalog, including services, we offer everything you need to acomplish your needs.
MKTlondon's team is able to reduce project's / product's complexity, offering a full range of services and support.